Training for Professionals Working with Trans People
Are you a trans service user of an organisation that could do with some training on trans issues?
Do you, or could you work with transgender people?
Are you providing a good and appropriate service to people who are trans or questioning their gender identity?
Gendered Intelligence is running a Continuing Professional Development session which is the perfect opportunity for professionals to learn important skills and information to ensure they can provide high quality services to trans people. If you or an organisation you know could benefit from this training, please check out the full information here.
Monday 3rd September 2012
Come to either our morning session (10am - 1pm) or our afternoon session (2-5pm).
Central School of Speech and Drama
Eton Avenue, London.
£55 - Organisational representatives from organisations with
less than £100,000 income per year
£85 - Organisational representatives from organisations with
more than £100,000 income per year
Our training sessions will enable you to:
• Comply with the Equality Act 2010 with regards to the Protected Characteristics of gender reassignment.
• Enhance your professional development and confidence with specific skills and knowledge pertaining to use of language.
• Tackle forms of bullying that relate to diverse gender expressions and sexual orientation.
• Ensure your school, service or organisation can deal effectively with an ever-increasing gender diverse population.
• Ensure your school, service or organisation supports the smooth transition of any trans person in your service, workforce or student body.
Gendered Intelligence also provides training sessions for larger groups of staff in schools, colleges and workplaces - please contact us if you are interested in bringing us in to your organisation. If you are a young trans person who thinks your school or college could do with training on trans issues, please feel free to contact us!