Need writers for a book on sexuality and romance!
Accessible Love Stories (for sale on Amazon) has done so well that Good Mourning Publishing has allowed me to put together a nonfiction anthology about dating, romance, and sex for disabled people. I think it’ll be a great project but so far I have had few entries. Please look at the details below and if you think you can write something, please do!
This book’s target audience is disabled people interested in dating, sex, and alternative lifestyles. The intention is to have essays that can educate people that range from the young novice who might not believe that disabled people even can have romantic relationships to people who want applicable information on safer and more accessible sexual practices. What we need you to do is pick something you know about, even if you’re not an expert in it, and write an essay to people of visible and invisible disabilities who might rely on what you write to change their lives.
Suggested topics are:
- How to speak to someone you’re interested in
- How and when to discuss your disability with the would-be partner
- What to prepare for when meeting a partner’s friends and family
- Accessible dating options
- Online dating and inevitably how to mention you are disabled
- How to express your specific sexual needs or inabilities to your partner
- Tips on how to have sex with limited movement, sensation, etc. and how to avoid pain or injuries that would otherwise not be a problem
- Tips on Masturbation with limited movement, sensation, etc.
- Participating in the LGBTQ community and making sure your limitations are accounted for
- Introductions into the BDSM community and information on how dom–sub relationship can be beneficial and healing for disabled people
- Introductions into the devotee community
- Suggestions and advice on how to identify someone who may be dangerously fetishizing you
- Information on the high rates of abuse and molestation of disabled people with practical advice on how to protect yourself despite an array of limitations
- Risks in pregnancy and information on how to have the safest pregnancy and birth possible
- Advice for the social condemnation that comes with being a disabled parent
- And any other subject that falls within these themes
Are you a disabled stripper? Are you a disabled matchmaker? Are you a disabled person that has a genuinely interesting and valuable personal story that can contribute to this collection? I want your submissions. Be as quaint or explicit as you like, be as poetic or textbook–esque as works best for you.
Not all submissions may be accepted due to the risk of having too much of one subject being rehashed, so my suggestion to you is to be as informative as possible as well as to put a real signature touch with personal examples in your piece. I will not reject anything that I find educational and empathetic; if this results in encyclopedia size book, so be it.
Genre: Nonfiction. All submissions must be an essay on either specific subject or your personal experience
Length: No limitations
Content rating: No limitations. If you are writing about sexual practices we encourage you to be specific as possible given that you must address people’s limitations and methods of accessibility.
Number of submissions per person: Unlimited
Submissions are open and must be e-mailed to me at email@example.com no later than December 31, 2012. Your submission must be in document format, in English, have a title, and have a short biography of the writer at the end. You need not use your real name; we will accept pennames.
There will be no monetary payment for submitting, as this book will be nonprofit but each person who gets accepted will receive a free paperback copy.
Please email all submissions in word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org Feel free to email any questions to the same address.
111 Notes/ Hide
- on-dreams-of-jupiter likes this
- keebiekneebiez reblogged this from takebacksexuality
- kaylascatalysis likes this
- foundteeth reblogged this from loversintransition
- pinkdiapers likes this
- projectqueer likes this
- loversintransition reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- glaz-almaz reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- deathbyabnormality likes this
- singingshooter reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- happy-healthy-recovering reblogged this from disabledpeoplearesexy
- treeornament likes this
- prettyorcprincess likes this
- drawnsheep likes this
- mercurialme likes this
- 1mist1 likes this
- the-strawberry-menace likes this
- spacew0man reblogged this from breakingstigmatism
- breakingstigmatism reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- petewentzfanclub likes this
- perfect-bananafish likes this
- thambos likes this
- chocolate-potato likes this
- night-inscriber likes this
- sipulijuttu likes this
- dontbegforthings likes this
- hallo-spaceb0y reblogged this from sunkissedsigh
- oodlesofpoodles92 likes this
- biddybatch reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- sunkissedsigh reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- agorapanologia likes this
- boldlygoingintobooty reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- boldlygoingintobooty likes this
- a-mead-gal reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- glowcrow reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- glowcrow likes this
- chigen-eden reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- chigen-eden likes this
- tammiguaiya likes this
- dontstopdopunkrock likes this
- p0stm0dern likes this
- le-petit-mort-darthur reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- undeniablyotiose likes this
- geekmehard reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- pashawictorwictor likes this
- atthebutterflyball likes this
- yestoliving likes this
- ereyes312 reblogged this from stophatingyourbody
- ereyes312 likes this